Saturday, October 16, 2004

Jon Stewart lectures Crossfire


You may have missed this amazing episode of CNN's Crossfire yesterday. But it was something. The Daily Show's Jon Stewart (must-see TV at MaxoVista) was the guest, but rather than shill for his book, he ripped hosts Tucker Carlson and Paul Begala for their often inane show.

A sample:

STEWART: You know, the interesting thing I have is, you have a responsibility to the public discourse, and you fail miserably.
CARLSON: You need to get a job at a journalism school, I think.
STEWART: You need to go to one. The thing that I want to say is, when you have people on for just knee-jerk, reactionary talk...
CARLSON: Wait. I thought you were going to be funny. Come on. Be funny.
STEWART: No. No. I'm not going to be your monkey.


Amen.

You can download a copy of that episode from a torrent here. Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home